Thursday, April 8, 2010

Safe In Uganda...

We all arrived safe in Uganda...Pete & Dorie and I as well as Christine Atcheson, and Randi, a girl from the Bible College in Harrisburg, PA. Not only did we arrive safely, albeit quite tired, all of our 9 pieces of checked luggage also arrived safely! As I was wheeling it out of the airport with it stacked so high I could barely see past, I was stopped by an airport security guard wondering why I had so much stuff. He wanted the prices of the items to be left in Uganda. When I began to recount the amount of each item, he said I was only allowed to leave $300 worth of merchandise. Well, needless to say we were several times over that amount. He looked at me...paused and said, okay, go on, you can leave! Thank you for praying!! I found out later that the I was supposed to pay 100% duty on each item, which we could not have afforded. Thank You Jesus!!


The picture is a picture of Joe and I in front of Bob & Sharon Wager's place where Joe and I stayed last night. I have know Pastors Bob & Sharon for years, and the actually did a family series in Massena some years ago. Anyway, they are incredible hosts and we are well rested and fed.

Love You Guys,
-Don-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you guys, can you believe you are in Africa? Praise God all the stuff got there. Take the Kingdom by force you violent ones. This blog is the greatest idea.

grampahog said...

Thank-you Jesus for your blessings on this entire project. He continues to amaze me with His Grace. Come on home safely Joe Joe , can't wait to see you ; Elaine says your invited to dinner Love all you guys, Joe & Elaine